Step Up for March for Babies: A Mother of a Movement
Methodist is a proud sponsor of the March of Dimes March for Babies and hosts one of the top company fundraising teams each year. Methodist providers, staff and supporters look forward to walking together to show appreciation and support for March of Dimes and the work it has done to improve outcomes for moms and babies in our community, as well as demonstrate solidarity with patients and families who have faced challenges of prematurity, illness and loss.
Unfortunately, COVID-19 has prevented us from gathering as a large group again this year, but the pandemic has shown that this Mother of a Movement – the need to raise money to fight for the health of ALL moms and babies in our community – is more important than ever!
In the spirit of friendly competition, four physician teams have stepped up to help Methodist reach a fundraising goal of $10,000. If their team exceeds $2,500 in donations, each physician will dress up like a mother for Mother’s Day! Fundraising members of the team that raises the most by May 8 will each receive edible goodies from the March of Dimes to celebrate.
Choose Your Team and Register
Click here to register for one of Methodist's four teams:
- The #TeamEuteneuer captain is the newest and freshest neonatologist in the Methodist Women’s Hospital NICU, Josh Euteneuer, MD. View the team page here.
- The #TeamSchulte captain is an OB/GYN extraordinaire from Methodist Physicians Clinic Women’s Center in Council Bluffs, Erik Schulte, DO. View the team page here.
- The #TeamJurgensen captain is Omaha’s best-dressed OB/GYN, William Jurgensen, MD. View the team page here.
- The #TeamLovnealy captains are a dynamic duo – MFM wonder twins from the Methodist Hospital Perinatal Center – Todd Lovgren, MD, and Dan Connealy, MD. View the team page here.
How To Support and Raise Funds
- Make a personal donation.
- Use your network and social media tools to encourage support from family and friends. Post photos, tell stories and use your team hashtag as well as #MarchforBabies and #MarchforBabiesNE, and be sure to tag Methodist on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Order a T-shirt. Each team has a corresponding shirt color. Proceeds from shirt sales will be added to team fundraising totals. Shirt sales run April 12-23, and shirts may be picked up at your designated location May 5-7. Due to COVID-10 precautions, all T-shirts must be ordered in advance. No cash sales. Check your team page for more information.
- Join the national online event on May 8.
- Gather your inner circle to celebrate healthy moms and healthy babies.
- Check your team page for photos and updates from other team members.
For more information about team activities, T-shirt orders and virtual event details, and to receive email updates, register here.
About March for Babies
By supporting March For Babies: A Mother of a Movement, you:
- Support research to ensure healthy pregnancies
- Advocate for policies to prioritize the health of moms and babies
- Provide resources and programs to help moms throughout pregnancy
- Educate health professionals, lawmakers and families