Continuing Education Opportunity: Conflict Resolution Boot Camp
Everyone knows it happens, but no one wants to deal with it. Conflicts at work can be destructive! When they're handled well, communication, team building and creativity can soar. When handled poorly, chaos and drama abound! Learning to resolve conflicts is a must.
The Best Care Employee Assistance Program and Nebraska Methodist College have partnered to offer a program focused on conflict resolution. The program is designed for the newly promoted supervisor and the more experienced manager. Continuing education hours are available to attendees.
Conflict Resolution Boot Camp
When: Tuesday, March 10, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Thursday, Sept. 10, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where: Best Care EAP, Center Pointe Building, 2nd floor conference room, 9239 W. Center Road, Omaha
- Define conflict and the factors that precipitate it
- Identify your unique “conflict resolution” style and how it works for vs. against you
- Demonstrate tips, tools and techniques so you are ready when conflict happens
- Plan and conduct a negotiation using the compromise style to be able to craft and implement a mutually acceptable solution
- Plan and conduct a meeting using collaboration style to be able to solve an underlying disagreement which is determined as a mutual problem
- Utilize coaching for success by holding employees accountable for meeting behavioral expectations
To learn more:
- Click here for information or to register for the March 10 event
- Click here for information or to register for the Sept. 10 event
- Download the program flyer.