Better Living Program Starts Jan. 7
Application Deadline: Dec. 2
Methodist is pleased to offer a program for employees that focuses on weight management by building long-term, healthy habits. The Better Living Program includes motivation, support, accountability and financial incentive to meet your goals. This is a 16-week multidisciplinary program geared toward health and weight-loss guidance, as well as ongoing maintenance support. Proper nutrition, activity, sleep, stress reduction and support are vital for success in a lifestyle change.
Space in the program is limited. Enrollment is based upon the submission order of applications, so don't delay!
Qualifications to participate
Committed to lifestyle change, weight loss and improving your health
Have a BMI greater than 26.6 AND participated in the 2019 Methodist Wellness Screenings
Participate in the Methodist Health System Employee Health Care Plan
Committed to attend weekly group meetings
Committed to meet individually with a nurse practitioner or dietitian weekly
A healthier weight helps support your overall health and can improve the quality of your life. A healthy lifestyle that leads to weight loss should also be enjoyable to be sustainable. This is not a magic diet or quick fix to weight loss. It is an approach you can maintain throughout your lifetime, eating real, quality food. Lasting weight loss focuses on the simple joys of eating well, moving more and a positive mind-set. You will learn how to eat whole foods and be more active in your everyday life. You must be committed to slow, steady change, and work!
- 16 weekly one-on-one visits with nurse practitioner or registered dietitian
- Confidential; all privacy protected
- Individualized short- and long-term goal setting
- Multidisciplinary approach with the nurse practitioner, registered dietitians, physicians, fitness specialists, motivational speakers and behavioral therapists to bring a unique set of skills
- Measurements (weight, waist and hip measurements; B/P; heart rate; BMI; and body composition analysis with an InBody scale)
- Before and after photos, and physical fitness assessments
- Health coaching, support and motivation
- Recipes and flexible meal plans with registered dietitian consults
- Ways to increase activity and an exercise prescription individualized for you
- Personalized workouts from nurse practitioner/certified personal trainer
To learn more
For information on the Better Living Program and application form, click here.
Email email@example.com or call (402) 354-5670.