Komen More Than Pink Walk Is Oct. 6
Join the Methodist Health System team for the More Than Pink Walk (formerly Komen Nebraska Race for the Cure) on Oct. 6.
MHS team registration deadline: Wednesday, Sept. 25. (Registration information below.)
Methodist Health System is a platinum sponsor for this year's event, which is set for Sunday, Oct. 6, at Baxter Arena, 67th and Center Streets in Omaha.
Join the Methodist Health System team for this important event that raises awareness and funds in the fight against breast cancer. Methodist employees are NOT required to meet Komen's suggested fundraising goals (which will appear during the registration process), nor is any additional fundraising necessary for participation.
Race day schedule and start times
6 a.m.: Registration opens outside the north entrance of Baxter Arena
7 a.m.: Baxter Arena opens/sponsor expo in the arena
7 a.m.: Mission and impact activities on the main arena floor
8:45 a.m.: Hope Village photo (survivor photo)
9 a.m.: Activities close/participants make way to stage
9:30 a.m.: Walk
**New this year
- The registration fee DOES NOT include T-shirt unless you are a survivor or living with metastatic cancer. If you raise $100 or more, you will receive a T-shirt. If you raise $100, are a survivor or are living with metastatic cancer, you can pick up your T-shirt at the Komen office (dates TBD). The office is at 8707 West Center Road.
- All registered participants will receive an opening ceremony gift on event day.
- The More Than Pink Walk WILL NOT have a run element. The focus is on making the event a walk – which reflects the vast majority of participants historically – to create a greater sense of community among participants and to provide a more personalized, emotional experience for all who attend.
- There will be no bibs.
$20 – Team members
$10 – Youth (newborn to 18)
$20 – Survivors or those living with metastatic cancer
To register for the MHS team
Note: All corporate team registration is online-only. Payment via credit/debit card is required.
- To begin online registration for the More Than Pink Walk, click here.
- Select “Register.”
- Select "Join a Team."
- It will ask you if you have participated in the race before. If yes, enter your user name and password to log in. If no, it will ask you to provide your contact information and set up a password.
- Search "Methodist Health System."
- Select “Go.”
- Select "Join Team" on the right.
- Select your participation type.
- Follow the online prompts for registration.
Reminder: With No bibs to deliver and T-shirts based on qualifications, MHS WILL NOT be delivering your packet to your workplace. We will announce days and pickup times for the Komen office (if qualified) as soon as we are notified.
For more information, visit komengreatplains.org.