Geriatric Symposium Slated for Aug. 23
The 2019 Geriatric Symposium, which will focus on the Age-Friendly Health Systems 4Ms model for geriatric care, is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 23, at Anthony's Steakhouse.
The program, jointly provided by the Nebraska Methodist College Professional Development Department and Sanford USD Medical Center, will provide current information and evidence-based practice guidelines that will enhance clinical and professional practice related to the care of older adults.
Attendees of the daylong training will:
- Learn the Age-Friendly Health Systems 4Ms model of geriatric care
- Understand “what matters” to older adults
- Discuss medications and the potential for harm to older adults
- Identify symptoms of and interventions for dementia, delirium and depression
- Explore mobility opportunities for older adults
The 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. program will feature the following presenters:
- Kristina Janousek, CDE, MPH, University of Nebraska Medical Center Engaged Wellness
- Deborah Conley, MSN, APRN-CNS, GCNS-BC, Methodist Hospital
- Laurie O'Byrne, MS, BSN, RN, administrator population health/patient experience, Methodist Physicians Clinic
- Teri Tipton Bruening, MSN-RN-BC, CNE, vice president & CNO, patient care services, Methodist Hospital
- Dr. John Lohrberg, medical director of care transitions, Methodist Physicians Clinic
- Mike McMahon, chaplain, Methodist Health System
- Karla Cazer, MS, RN-BC, GCNS-BC, geriatrics/faith community nursing, Sanford Medical Center
- Chris Vejnovich, BSN, RN, PCCN-K, Methodist Hospital
- Mindy Crouch, LCSW, Pando Geriatric Counseling
- Mary Kay Gamble, GNP-BC, Methodist Hospital
- Clayton Freeman, BA, director of programs and public policy, Alzheimer's Association, Nebraska Chapter
- Kim Shehan, PharmD, patient care pharmacist, Methodist Hospital
For more information and to register, click here.