Applications Now Being Taken for Next Better Living Program
Methodist is pleased to offer an exciting program for employees that focuses on health, weight management, behavior modification, good nutrition and activity. This will include motivation, support and accountability, as well as financial incentive to meet your goals.
This 16-week multidisciplinary program is geared toward health and weight loss guidance, as well as ongoing maintenance support. Proper nutrition, activity, sleep, stress reduction and support are vital for success in a lifestyle change. We would be honored to help you on your journey.
When is the program?
Weeks of June 24 – Oct. 14
Who can participate?
- You must be committed to lifestyle change, weight loss and improving your health.
- You have a BMI > 26.6 AND are willing to participate in Methodist wellness screenings.
- You participate in the Methodist Health System Employee Health Care Plan.
- You are committed to attend weekly group meetings.
- You are committed to meet individually with a nurse practitioner weekly.
Why should I participate?
A healthier weight helps support your overall health and can improve the quality of your life. A healthy lifestyle that leads to weight loss should also be enjoyable to be sustainable. This is not a magic diet or quick fix to weight loss. It is an approach you can maintain throughout your lifetime, eating real, quality food. Lasting weight loss focuses on the simple joys of eating well, moving more and a positive mind-set. You will learn how to eat whole foods and be more active in your everyday life.
- 16 weekly one-on-one visits with a nurse practitioner or registered dietitian
- Confidential; all privacy is protected
- Individualized short- and long-term goal setting
- Multidisciplinary approach with a nurse practitioner, registered dietitians, physicians, fitness specialists, motivational speakers and behavioral therapists to bring a unique set of skills
- Measurements (weight, waist and hip measurements; blood pressure; heart rate; BMI; and Body Composition Analysis with an InBody Scale)
- Beginning and end photos, and physical fitness assessments
- Health coaching, support and motivation
- Recipes and flexible meal plans with registered dietitian consults
- Ways to increase activity and an exercise prescription individualized to you
- Personalized workouts from nurse a practitioner/certified personal trainer