Want to Be a Member of the Methodist Decon Team?
Have you ever wanted to learn more about decontaminating victims, using decontamination equipment or setting up a decon or shelter/triage tent, bio-seal or isopod during an emergency?
Then consider becoming a member the Nebraska Methodist Hospital and Methodist Women’s Hospital Decontamination Team. The training is done in a fun learning environment and benefits the safety of the hospital and community.
Decon team membership responsibilities are as follows:
- Minimum two (2) year commitment
- Pass a medical respirator examination, complete respirator fit test and demonstrate competency to Don and Doff decon suites.
- Complete initial 16-hour training paid time (two eight-hour days) within first year. (TBD)
- Attend monthly meetings/training sessions, each 1.5 hours of paid time.
- Attend at least one of the two drills each year, typically on Saturdays or during a predefined time.
- Active participation in all actual events when applicable.
- Complete National Incident Management System(NIMS) independent study 100, 200 and 700 courses.
- Quarterly stipend of $250 will be paid to decon team members at Methodist Health System Corporate, Methodist Hospital and Methodist Women's Hospital who:
- Attended all three of the decon team meetings in a quarter and meet the above requirements
For more Decon Team information, see the following policies on the MHSIntranet:
- Decon Team Administration
- Department Decontamination Response
- Decontamination Team Response
If interested in joining the Decontamination Team or if you have any further questions, contact:
Val Goodman, Emergency Manager, 354-8763; firstname.lastname@example.org
JC Moore, Safety and Compliance Officer, 354-4048; JC.Moore@nmhs.org
Amy Wyant, Cytotechnologist, 354-4326; Amy.Wyant@nmhs.org
Rick Hacker, Safety Coordinator, 354-4068; Rick.Hacker@nmhs.org