Mobile Mammography Screenings Coming
We Need Your Help
It’s been months in the making – but the Methodist 3D Mobile Mammography coach is about ready to hit the streets. First we need your help!
In order to earn ACR Accreditation, Methodist
must obtain a certain number of quality 3D mammography images.
That’s where you can help.
Here's the Dates
We will be offering the opportunity for employees and their spouses to get their yearly mammogram on the new mobile mammography coach starting Sept. 26. Additional screening days are set for Sept. 28, Oct. 3, Oct. 5, Oct. 10 and Oct. 12.
The mobile mammography coach will be parked at the Methodist Health System Corporate location, 8511 W. Dodge Road, with screening times available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Individuals must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to participate.
- You must be 40 years of age or older
- It must be a year since your last mammogram
- You are not pregnant or have not breast fed in the past 6 months
- Do not have a lump, pain or discharge from nipple area
- You must be ambulatory and able to maneuver the stairs into the Coach
- You have seen a gynecologist, primary care physician, or internist within the last year who is willing to accept screening results
Each screening should take approximately 15-30 minutes to complete and results will be available seven (7) days after the exam.
Supervisors are encouraged to support employees who wish to participate as this will help us with the ACR accreditation process for the 3D mobile mammography coach.
The first 100 employee participants will receive a free Methodist Koozie.
Those interested in obtaining a mammogram should call 402-490-7883.