Deaf Culture Awareness in a Medical Setting: CE Credit Available
Providers, patient care and social work staff are invited to learn about breaking down communication barriers with the deaf and hard of hearing community.CE Credits Available!
Six 45-minute educational sessions are available:
- Sept. 5, 2018, 11 a.m. and noon
Methodist Estabrook Cancer Center Auditorium
- Sept. 6, 2018, 11 a.m. and noon
Methodist Jennie Edmundson Classroom 2HA
- Sept. 7, 2018, 11 a.m. and noon
Methodist Women's Hospital Picotte Room
- Better understand deaf culture/working with hard of hearing in a medical setting
- Identify various modes of communication among deaf and hard of hearing
- Understand communication needs and accommodations needs of the deaf and hard of hearing community
- Break down communication barriers for the deaf and hard of hearing community
One CE credit hour will be awarded to nursing and social work professionals attending this training class.
For any questions or information about obtaining credit, please contact Contact Stephanie Novak at email@example.com or at (402) 354-2252