03.01.2018 Back to News
HIPAA Alert: Do Not Alter Your Medical Records!
DO NOT ALTER YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS
- Under no circumstances may employees edit or update their electronic health record or that of their family members, including minor children.
- Employees have the same options as our other patients to update information or make an appointment: 1) Contact the provider via phone, or 2) Contact the provider via the patient portal.
- FairWarning is sending alerts on every employee who is making changes or scheduling appointments in their record or family members’ records.
- Effective 2017 supervisors were alerted to all employee violations of Methodist policy and staff was disciplined according to current HR policies.
- Supervisors: Please post this Notice and discuss in your staff meetings.