Fremont Health Board of Trustees Selects Methodist Health System, Strategic Partnership Discussions to Continue
The Fremont Health Board of Trustees, at their Monday meeting, voted to continue strategic partnership discussions exclusively with Methodist Health System.
"I am pleased that Methodist will be continuing the strategic partnership discussions with Fremont Health," said Steve Goeser, president and CEO of Methodist Health System. "From the very beginning of this process we have been impressed by the staff, physicians, facilities and others involved in providing healthcare to the Fremont and Dodge County communities. Our leadership team looks forward to working with Fremont Health in the coming months and exploring how we can further partner to enhance the health and well-being of the citizens in and around of Dodge County."
Methodist was among the three finalists chosen by Fremont Health after phase two of the proposal process. Joining Methodist were Nebraska Medicine and RCCH Healthcare Partners.
When considering proposals from the three regional and national health systems, Fremont Health sought a partner who could enhance the following objectives:
- Continue the mission of improving community health
- Retain significant local board input into the governance of Fremont Health
- Maintain and expand key programs and services
- Attract and retain excellent physicians in a wide range of specialties
- Preserve jobs, competitive wages, benefits and retirement plans in Fremont
- Improve quality, safety and high-reliability clinical care
- Provide fair financial consideration
- Provide capital sufficient to support quality and growth, including enterprise-wide electronic health record
- Continue to provide adequate charity care in Dodge County.