Free Oral, Head & Neck Cancer Screening at Methodist Jennie Edmundson: April 27
A free public screening for head and neck cancers will be hosted by Methodist Physicians Clinic - Council Bluffs on the campus of Methodist Jennie Edmundson Hospital on April 27. Preregistration is required.
DATE: Wednesday, April 27
TIME: 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Methodist Physicians Clinic - Council Bluffs on the Methodist Jennie Edumundson campus (4th floor off the parking garage)
More than 118,000 new cancers involving the head and neck region will be diagnosed in 2016, and nearly 14,000 patients will die of head and neck cancers this year. Know the risk factors, signs and symptoms:
- Chewing tobacco
- Drinking alcohol
- Prior cancer in the region
- Multiple sex partners
- Personal or family history of cacner of the head and neck area
Signs & Symptoms
- Mouth sore that doesn’t heal
- Sore throat
- Frequent nosebleeds or unusual discharge
- Difficulty swallowing
- Hoarseness or change in voice
- Painless lump in the neck
For an event flyer, click here.